Women’s Wellness Weekend with Carolyne Anthony
April 6, 2019 9:00 AM
April 7, 2019 9:00 AM
This Women’s Wellness Weekend will include
The Center’s Pelvic Floor 6 hour course is a pre requisite for all of the courses in our curriculum. We base our courses on the movement of the pelvis and how it affects the rest of the female body. We will also look at the pelvic floor from a healthy standpoint rather than a problematic one. Open to Pilates, Fitness and Yoga Instructors.
This course will offer an in depth look at the anatomy and function of the pelvic floor, its application to movement and the breath and will discuss the reasons for dysfunction and how many of these problems can be prevented. Our approach contains both the scientific evidenced based research and the more holistic viewpoint of this most intimate part of the female body.
- To understand the anatomy of the female pelvis and pelvic floor
- To understand the function of the pelvic floor muscles, the fascial connections and the surrounding muscle groups.
- To understand the change that occurs during pregnancy, birth, postpartum and menopause
- To understand dysfunction in the pelvic area to include SI Joint and pelvic floor dysfunction and pubis symphasis derangement
- To understand the importance of correct movement to activate the pelvic floor
- To understand the role of the breath in pelvic floor activation and rehabilitation
- To understand the impact of the fascial connections through the pelvis
The Center Method for Diastasis Recti Recovery™
Designed for Fitness. Pilates and Yoga Professionals, The Center Method™ for Diastasis Recti Recovery program investigates the history, anatomy and epidemic of diastasis recti commonly known as a separation of the rectus abdominus muscles.
Utilizing breathwork, pelvic floor exercises and myofascial release techniques, this rehabilitative course equips you with the skills you need to help your clients release, realign and restore the core musculature.
Learn to build a progressive exercise program that focuses on optimal musculoskeletal performance to facilitate recovery and prevent reoccurrence.
Designed Duration 8 hours
The program offers a series of deep stabilizing exercises with progressions that will allow you to progress towards your regular exercise program, if that is your goal. The deep understanding of the working of your body will ensure the prevention of a recurrence of this condition.
- To learn about what diastasis recti is, how it occurs and how to facilitate recovery.
- To understand how to prevent it from occurring.
- To understand the role of the pelvic floor and fascial connections
- To understand the connection of the thorax to the pelvis when rehabilitating diastasis
- To understand how to correctly perform exercises that have been traditionally contraindicated for this condition
- To learn application of simple exercises to aid in the recovery of this condition.
To register, please visit the following link:
For questions or further information contact:
Copenhagen Pilates Studio
Peder Skrams Gade 5, st.
Tlf.: +45 33 11 00 88